Sales Terms & Conditions
- “SD” shall mean Solid Dynamics Pty Ltd, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Solid Dynamics Pty Ltd
- “Client” shall mean the Client (or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Client) as described on any quotation, work authorisation or other form as provided by SD to the Client.
- “Guarantor” means that person (or persons) who agrees to be liable for the debts of the Client on a principal debtor basis.
- “Goods” shall mean all Goods supplied by SD to the Client (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined) and are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other forms as provided by SD to the Client.
- “Services” shall mean all Services supplied by SD to the Client and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined above).
- “Price” shall mean the Price payable for the Goods as agreed between SD and the Client in accordance with clause of this contract
- The Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 (“TPA”) and Fair Trading Acts (“FTA”)
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of each of the States and Territories of Australia, except to the extent permitted by any applicable provisions of the TPA or the FTA in those Acts where applicable.
- Any instructions received by SD from the Client for the supply of Goods and/or constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Where more than one Client has entered into this agreement, the Clients shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Client the terms and conditions are binding and can only be amended with the written consent of SD
- The Client shall give SD not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change of ownership of the Client or any change in the Client’s name and/or any other change in the Client’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Client’s address, facsimile number, or business practice). The Client shall be liable for any loss incurred by SD as a result of the Client’s failure to comply with this clause.
- Goods are supplied by SD only on the terms and conditions of trade herein to the exclusion of anything to the contrary in the terms of the Client’s order notwithstanding that any such order is placed on terms that purport to override these terms and conditions of trade.
- Electronic Transactions Act 2000
- Electronic signatures shall be deemed to be accepted by either party providing that the parties have complied with Section 9 of the Electronic Transactions Act 2000 or any other applicable provisions of that Act or any Regulations referred to in that Act.
- Price and Payment
- At SD’s sole discretion the Price shall be either: (a) as indicated on invoices provided by SD to the Client in respect of Goods supplied; or (b) SD’s current price at the date of delivery of the Goods according to SD’s current Price list; or (c) SD’s quoted Price (subject to clause ) which shall be binding upon SD provided that the Client shall accept SD’s quotation in writing within thirty (30) days.
- SD reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to SD’s quotation. Any variation from the plan of scheduled amounts or specifications (including, but not limited to, any variation as a result of fluctuations in foreign currency rates of exchange or any other increases to SD in the cost of materials and labour) will be charged for on the basis of SD’s quotation and will be shown as variations on the invoice. Payment for all variations must be made in full at their time of completion.
- At SD’s sole discretion a non refundable deposit may be required.
- At SD’s sole discretion: (a) payment shall be due on delivery of the Goods; or (b) payment shall be due before delivery of the Goods; or (c) payment for approved Clients shall be made by installments in accordance with SD’s payment schedule.
- Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or any other forms. If no time is stated then payment shall be due fourteen (14) days following the date of the invoice.
- Payment will be made by cash, or by credit cards, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by agreed to between the Client and SD.
- GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added Price. credit to the card or by direct credit, or by any other method as Price except when they are expressly included in the quotes.
- Delivery of Goods
- At SD’s sole discretion delivery of the Goods shall take place when: (a) the Client takes possession of the Goods at SD’s address; or (b) the Client takes possession of the Goods at the Client’s nominated address (in the event that the Goods are delivered by SD or SD’s nominated carrier); or (c) the Client’s nominated carrier takes possession of the Goods in which event the carrier shall be deemed to be the Client’s agent.
- At SD’s sole discretion the costs of delivery are: (a) included in the Price; or (b) in addition to the Price; or (c) for the Client’s account.
- The Client shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Client is unable to take delivery of the Goods as arranged then SD shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for re-delivery.
- Delivery of the Goods to a third party nominated by the Client is deemed to be delivery to the Client for the purposes of this agreement.
- The Client shall take delivery of the Goods tendered notwithstanding than the quantity purchased provided that: (a) such discrepancy in quantity shall not exceed five percent (5%); and (b) the Price shall be adjusted pro rata to the discrepancy.
- The failure of SD to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat
- SD shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to failure by SD to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all, where due to circumstances beyond the control of SD.
- SD do not guarantee transit time. Any delay occurred on/from third party (freight & courier contractors) is not responsibility of Solid Dynamics Pty Ltd that the quantity so delivered shall be either greater or lesser this contract as repudiated.
- If SD retains ownership of the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Client on delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Client, SD is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of these terms and conditions by SD is sufficient evidence of SD’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with SD to make further inquiries.
- Where the Client expressly requests SD to leave Goods outside SD’s premises for collection or to deliver the Goods to an unattended location then such Goods shall be left at the Client’s sole risk and it shall be the Client’s responsibility to ensure the Goods are insured adequately or at all.
- The Client acknowledges that Goods supplied may exhibit variations in shade, colour, texture, surface and finish, and may fade or change colour over time. SD will make every effort to match batches of product supplied in order to minimise such variations but shall not be liable in any way whatsoever where such variations occur.
- SD and the Client agree that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until: (a) the Client has paid SD all amounts owing for the particular Goods; and (b) the Client has met all other obligations due by the Client to SD in respect of all contracts between SD and the Client.
- Receipt by SD of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then SD’s ownership or rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
- It is further agreed that: (a) where practicable the Goods shall be kept separate and identifiable until SD shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Client are met; and (b) until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from SD to the Client SD may give notice in writing to the Client to return the Goods or any of them to SD. Upon such notice the rights of the Client to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease; and (c) SD shall have the right of stopping the Goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made; and (d) if the Client fails to return the Goods to SD then SD or SD’s agent may (as the invitee of the Client) enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Client, or any premises where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods; and (e) the Client is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as SD has received payment in full for the Goods then the Client shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods, up to and including the amount the Client owes to SD for the Goods, on trust for SD; and (f) the Client shall not deal with the money of SD in any way which may be adverse to SD; and (g) the Client shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of SD; and (h) SD can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Client; and (i) until such time that ownership in the Goods passes to the Client, if the Goods are converted into other products, the parties agree that SD will be the owner of the end products.
- The Client shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within three (3) days of delivery (time being of the essence) notify SD of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Client shall afford SD an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Client believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Client shall fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective Goods, which SD has agreed in writing that the Client is entitled to reject, SD's liability is limited to either (at SD’'s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods except where the Client has acquired Goods as a consumer within the meaning of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (CWlth) or the Fair Trading Acts of the relevant state or territories of Australia, and is therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion either a refund of the purchase price of the Goods, or repair of the Goods, or replacement of the Goods.
- The client shall not modify or altered or used the Goods without written notice or approval from SD. Any modification created / conducted by the client would be at client expenses and SD would not responsible for any effect from the changes.
- Returns will only be accepted provided that: (a) the Client has complied with the provisions of clause ; and (b) SD has agreed in writing to accept the return of the Goods; and (c) the Goods are returned at the Client’s cost within five (5) days of the delivery date; and (d) SD will not be liable for Goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner; and (e) the Goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material in as new condition as is reasonably possible in the circumstances.
- SD may (at their sole discretion) accept the return of Goods for credit but this may incur a handling fee of up to twenty percent (20%) of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight costs.
- Return would not be accepted for Services Goods (such as: design, installation, consultation, labour time, etc) or custom or non stock-able Goods.
- SD may (at their sole discretion) buy back “Tubeclamp” fittings in any conditions per below conditions. Buy Back guarantee will only be accepted provided that
- “Tubeclamp” logo /stamp shall be clearly read-able on the fittings returned
- SD re-value the “Tubeclamp” fitting buy back scheme based on invoice and despatch date
Time Frame After dispatch
Buy Back Value
Refund within 5 days (unused)
Up to 80% of purchase invoice
Buy Back within 14 days (used)
Up to 35% of purchase invoice
up to 30% of purchase invoice
up to 25% of purchase invoice
up to 20% of purchase invoice
181 days or no invoice
up to $1 per 10.0kg fitting
- Fitting Conditions for Buy Back Conditions
Reduce by 5% of the Buy Back value
Drilled / Welded
up to $1 per 10.0kg fitting
Any conditions / other brands / tubes or other metals
up to $1 per 15.0kg for fittings & tubes
- If fittings had been modified such as painted, drilled or welded: SD has the right to revalue the buy back with either reduce with 5% for painted or use weight for valuation.
- This valuation table may change at any time. Please refer to website for updated value.
- Subject to the conditions of warranty set out in clause SD warrants that if any defect in any workmanship of SD becomes apparent and is reported to SD within three (3) months of the date of delivery (time being of the essence) then SD will either (at SD's sole discretion) replace or remedy the workmanship.
- The conditions applicable to the warranty given by clause are: (a) the warranty shall not cover any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise through: (i) failure on the part of the Client to properly maintain any Goods; or (ii) failure on the part of the Client to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by SD; or (iii) any use of any Goods otherwise than for any application specified on a quote or order form; or (iv) the continued use of any Goods after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user; or (v) fair wear and tear, any accident or act of God. (b) the warranty shall cease and SD shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the terms of the warranty if the workmanship is repaired, altered or overhauled without SD's consent. (c) in respect of all claims SD shall not be liable to compensate the Client for any delay in either replacing or remedying the workmanship or in properly assessing the Client’s claim. (d) SD would not be liable nor responsible if the Client mixing our Goods with other provider Goods.
- For Goods not manufactured by SD, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. SD shall not be bound by nor be responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than that which is given by the manufacturer of the Goods.
- Intellectual Property
- Where SD has designed, drawn or written Goods for the Client, then the copyright in those designs and drawings and documents shall remain vested in SD, and shall only be used by the Client at SD's discretion.
- The Client warrants that all designs or instructions to SD will not cause SD / SD to infringe any patent, registered design or trademark in the execution of the Client’s order and the Client agrees to indemnify SD against any action taken by a third party against SD in respect of any such infringement.
- The Client agrees that SD may use any documents, designs, drawings or Goods created by SD for the purposes of advertising, marketing, or entry into any competition.
- Default and Consequences of Default
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and a half percent (2.5%) per calendar month (and at SD's sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgment.
- In the event that the Client’s payment is dishonoured for any reason the Client shall be liable for any dishonour fees incurred by SD.
- If the Client defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Client shall indemnify SD from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by SD in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis and SD's collection agency costs.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies SD may have, if at any time the Client is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment) SD may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Client and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. SD will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage the Client suffers because SD has exercised its rights under this clause.
- If any account remains overdue after thirty (30) days then an amount of the greater of twenty dollars ($20.00) or ten percent (10%) of the amount overdue (up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00)) shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
- Without prejudice to SD's other remedies at law SD shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Client which remains unfulfilled and all amounts owing to SD shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable in the event that: (a) any money payable to SD becomes overdue, or in SD's opinion the Client will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or (b) the Client becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (c) a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Client or any asset of the Client
- Security and Charge
- Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which SD may have howsoever: (a) where the Client and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Client and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to SD or SD's nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under these terms and conditions. The Client and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that SD (or SD's nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be withdrawn once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met. (b) should SD elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Client and/or Guarantor shall indemnify SD /from and against all SD's costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis. (c) the Client and/or the Guarantor (if any) agree to irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint SD or SD's nominee as the Client’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this clause .
- SD may cancel any contract to which these terms and conditions apply or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice to the Client. On giving such notice SD shall repay to the Client any sums paid in respect of the Price. SD shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- In the event that the Client cancels delivery of Goods the Client shall be liable for any loss incurred by SD (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation.
- Cancellation of orders for Goods made to the Client’s specifications or non-stocklist items will definitely not be accepted, once production has commenced.
- Privacy Act 1988
- The Client and/or the Guarantor/s (herein referred to as the Client) agree for SD to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Client in relation to credit provided by SD.
- The Client agrees that SD may exchange information about the Client with those credit providers either named as trade referees by the Client or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes: (a) to assess an application by the Client; and/or (b) to notify other credit providers of a default by the Client; and/or (c) to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Client is in default with other credit providers; and/or (d) to assess the creditworthiness of the Client. The Client understands that the information exchanged can include anything about the Client’s creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988.
- The Client consents to SD being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
- The Client agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by SD for the following purposes (and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Client and SD or required by law from time to time): (a) the provision of Goods; and/or (b) the marketing of Goods by SD, its agents or distributors; and/or (c) analyzing, verifying and/or checking the Client’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of Goods; and/or (d) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the Client; and/or (e) enabling the daily operation of Client’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Client’s account in relation to the Goods.
- SD may give information about the Client to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes: (a) to obtain a consumer credit report about the Client; (b) allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Client.
- The information given to the credit reporting agency may include: (a) personal particulars (the Client’s name, sex, address, previous addresses, date of birth, name of employer and driver’s licence number; (b) details concerning the Client’s application for credit or commercial credit and the amount requested; (c) advice that SD is a current credit provider to the Client; (d) advice of any overdue accounts, loan repayments, and/or any outstanding monies owing which are overdue by more than sixty (60) days, and for which debt collection action has been started; (e) that the Client’s overdue accounts, loan repayments and/or any outstanding monies are no longer overdue in respect of that has been listed; (f) information that, in the opinion of SD, the Client has committed a serious credit infringement (that is, fraudulently intention not to comply with the Clients credit obligations); (g) advice that cheques drawn by the Client for one hundred dollars ($100) or more, have been dishonoured more than once; (h) that credit provided to the Client by SD has been paid or otherwise discharged any default or shown
- Unpaid Seller’s Rights
- Where the Client has left any item with SD for repair, modification, exchange or for SD to perform any other Service in relation to received or been tendered the whole of the Price, or the payment has been dishonoured, SD shall have: the item and SD has not (a) a lien on the item; (b) the right to retain (c) a right to sell the 17.2 The lien of SD shall continue despite the commencement of proceedings, or judgment for the Price having been obtained. the item for the Price while SD is in possession of the item; item.
- Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 1999
- At SD's sole discretion, if there are any disputes or claims for unpaid Goods and/or Services then the provisions of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 1999 may apply.
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to have the affect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 1999 of New South Wales, except to the extent permitted by the Act where applicable.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- SD shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Client for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Client arising out of a breach by SD of these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any breach of this contract by SD the remedies of the Client shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods.
- The Client shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the Price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Client by SD nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
- SD may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Client’s consent.
- The Client agrees that SD may review these terms and conditions at any time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which SD notifies the Client of such change.
- Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
- The failure by SD to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect SD’s right to subsequently enforce that provision.